Monday, May 25, 2009

View ar your own risk!

Beau has now been eating solid foods for about 2 weeks now. First it was the rice cereal, then I made sweet potatoes and apples. He loved the sweet potatoes, but I think the apples I picked were a little too tart. On our 4 hour drive back from Grand Junction, I checked on Beau to see if we needed to stop. Things were a little smelly, so we decided to pull off at a rest stop. The truck was packed tight, so I was just going to pull him out of the car seat. I took the blanket out and then realized the smell was a little worse than I thought. I looked down at his leg and saw this....



Thanks goodness we had a plastic bag and that his clothes fit over his shoulders. Needless to say we have cut back on the apples! I don't know how many wipes we used, but he eventually was clean and the car seat was good enough for him to ride the rest of the way home in. I did have to take it completely apart and wash it. Dustin was disgusted, but I was surprised how well I took the whole situation in stride...

No comments: