Friday, July 9, 2010

Our Wild Backyard

I never imagined that our backyard would attract so many animals!!! We practically have had our own Backyardigans (sorry for those of you who have no idea what I am talking about). For about a week straight, we had a fox living in our backyard. I think he liked the shade and the fact that we don't have a dog. He would just lay in the grass all day. It was fantastic entertainment for Beau...

The fox is hard to see in this picture, but I wanted to prove it was really our backyard...

Our very own fox....

This next animal tale is sad, so skip it if you want. We got some siding quotes and while we were walking around the house I noticed a ball of fur rolled up against the fence...
Turns out it was a little raccoon... He disappeared after a few hours so I figured he left, however, the next morning I looked outside and he was laying in the middle of our yard.

We figured this wasn't a good sign since it was the middle of the day and really hot. I called animal control and they came over to check him out. They were able to pick him up with only gloves on and he didn't move much. They tried to give him water and clean him up, but he didn't make it :o( It was so sad to have them carry him out in a bag, poor little guy! Beau kept looking for him, which made it even more sad.
It has been fun seeing the animals, however, I now have to do a sweep of the backyard to make sure I am not letting Beau run around with wild animals...




No comments: